Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens— Jesus the Son of God—let us hold fast to our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who has been tempted in every way as we are, yet without sin. Therefore, let us approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in time of need.
This daily prayer list is not meant to replace or limit your normal prayer life. We are simply asking you to consider helping us focus on your personal spiritual growth, and the needs of our church, community, county, state, nation, and world as a whole.
- God’s will, plan, and purpose for us, our families, our church, our community, our county, our state, our nation, and our world.
- Personal and Global Revival (Recognition of sin/Repentant Hearts/Reconciliation to God/Love for our neighbor as ourselves/A great awakening in America and our world. We need the wind of God to sweep across our globe.)
- Personal (Prayer/Discipleship/Ministry/Stewardship/Seeking God/Discerning Truth/Bearing Fruit)
- Personal (Spiritual Enlightenment)
- Personal (Divine Discernment)
- Personal (Divine Wisdom)
- Personal (Courage/Strength/Perseverance/Rest/Energy and Stamina)
- Personal (Forgiveness/Unity in Spirit)
- Personal (Tithing/Gifting)
- Personal (Providential Care/Guidance/Protection/Purity/Healing)
- Personal (Humility, Servanthood, Support and Commitment to NEBC)
- Personal (Your influence meeting needs of others and influence affecting social issues)
- NEBC Transitional Pastor (Rev. Clayton Dunsmore)
- NEBC Leadership (Church Staff/Deacons/Committees/Teachers/Volunteers)
- NEBC Finances (Budget/Tithes and Offerings/Designated Funds)
- NEBC (Services and Ministries)
- NEBC (Active Members/Inactive Members/Homebound/Sick/Shut-ins/Guests/Prospective New Members)
- NEBC Staff Selection Teams (Senior Pastor/Worship and Families/Youth – Please follow the prayer guide provided below this list.)
- New prospective staff (Senior Pastor/Worship and Families/Youth)
- New prospective staffs’ families (spouses and children)
- New prospective staffs’ current churches in which they currently serve and/or attend
- The city of Etowah, Tennessee (Residents/Elected Officials/Economy)
- Our local community’s needs/social issues (new ministry opportunities)
- McMinn County, Tennessee (Residents/Elected Officials/Economy)
- Our county’s needs/social issues (new ministry opportunities)
- The state of Tennessee (Residents/Elected Officials/Economy)
- Our state's needs/social issues (Tennessee Baptist Convention/Tennessee Missionaries/new ministry opportunities)
- The United States of America (American Citizens/Elected Officials/Economy/Foreign Relations/Faith/Morality/Character/Evangelism/Law/Justice/Mercy/Education/Wisdom/Liberty/all elements of our nation’s founding)
- Our country’s needs/social issues (Annie Armstrong Easter Offering/North American Mission Board/Southern Baptist Convention/Domestic Missionaries/new ministry opportunities)
- Our world (Mankind/Global Economy/Global World Leaders/Foreign Relations)
- Our world’s needs/social issues (Lottie Moon Christmas Offering/International Mission Board/Foreign Missionaries/new ministry opportunities)
Prayer for the Staff Selection Teams
- Pray for deep spiritual cleansing and fullness of the Holy Spirit in each team member. (Psalm 66:18; John 15:5; Ephesians 5:18) Pray this for each member by name.
- Pray for keen supernatural discernment, wisdom and strength for each team member.
- Pray for powerful unity and oneness of spirit within the teams. (Amos 3:3; Matthew 18:19)
- Pray for God’s clear direction in how résumés are collected, examined, and interviews conducted. Ask God to bring the right people to the attention of the teams. (Isaiah 55:8-9)
- Pray for the search teams to have God’s wisdom in all the questions and information they share with the prospective staff members. Spirit-led thoroughness is essential! (1 Corinthians 2:10-16)
- Pray for the teams to have supernatural wisdom as to the unique characteristics and traits most needed for our church.
- Pray for the teams to have no timetable but God’s. They must be determined to find God’s perfect will in God’s perfect time. (Ephesians 5:17)
- Pray for the future staff members and families to have absolute certainty in their sense of call to our church. They must KNOW they have God’s direction.
- Pray for the prevention of Satan’s influence in misleading or rushing the search teams. (One of Satan’s wiles is deception.) Pray for a powerful hedge of protection around the teams and their families.
- Pray for God’s guidance in how the future staff members are presented to the church. Pray for the church to have a supernatural unity in calling new staff members to our church. (1 Corinthians 1:10; Acts 2:1)
Worship & Families Team: Wayne Davis, Celia Goodner, Karen Randolph, Suzan Stewart, Chris Stone
Youth Team: Heather Anderson, James Anderson, April Preston, Cathie Stone, Chris Stone